The Central Securities Depository (CSD) Act 2007, Act 733 provides the legal framework for the operations of the depository.
The CSD Act 2007, Act 733 includes provisions for:
- Establishment and functions of Central Securities Depository
- Admittance and dematerialized securities
- Securities accounts and records
- Securities transactions and entries
- Security, secrecy and investigation provisions
- Establishment of Guarantee Fund
The Central Securities Depository (CSD) is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) under the Central Securities Depository Act 2007, Act 733. The day-to-day activities of the CSD are governed by the CSD Rules and Procedures. The CSD Rules and any amendment thereto are approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission.